Search the wiki
All projects will live under the following directory path: …/caveAcademy/project/
Each project will contain the following top level folders to ensure referencing of data is easily maintained and managed throughout the project:
- asset: this directory will hold all asset related data (models, textures, rigs, etc.)
- development: for story scripts, visual development, dtoryboards and animatics. Please note, this is not for RnD development.
- general: for general and shared data, such as logos.
- IO: for all incoming data (client, onset, etc.) and outgoing data (data to be presented back to the client)
- pipeline: for tool scripts, colour info, pipeline tools, etc. Everything to keep the projects running in order.
- rnd: for any development work and testing.
- sequence: this directory will hold all sequence and shot related data (cameratracks, layout, animation, lighting, etc.). If episodes are required, please see diagram 2 below for a breakdown on how they should be managed.
If you are working on a TV show or anything that is episodic, then the addition of an /episode/<episodeName>/ directory should be added before the sequence. For example:
- Asset Directory: Here you will find information on where we store asset data, both published and wip files.