Search the wiki
Clear Angle Studios – Junior 3D Character Artist
Your role as a Junior 3D Character Artist would include supporting the team with:
- Cleaning up character scan data.
- Using applications such as Wrap to align base models to scans.
- Using ZBrush to refine details.
- Texturing using Substance Painter and/or Mari.
- Creating believable shaders using Maya/Arnold.
- Creating realistic grooms using XGen.
- Creating production-quality UVs.
- Hard surface modelling (not essential but desirable).
- Costume modelling (not essential but desirable).
- Communicating with project leads to ensure efficiencies are met.
You will be provided with on-the-job training and mentoring from Clear Angle Studios to support you throughout the role. We are open to using other applications that fit in with the CAS pipeline, so if the tools listed above do not currently fit your workflow but you are still interested in creating photoreal characters, then do get in touch.
Currently, we are only offering contract roles on a work-from-home basis. All software and hardware (minus keyboard, monitor and mouse) will be provided.
- An good knowledge of 3D, specifically in modelling, texturing, look development and groom.
- An good knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Meticulous data handling and attention to detail.
- Calm under pressure with good problem solving skills.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
How to apply?
To apply for this role, please send a link to your online portfolio and your CV (LinkedIn profile is all good) to:
- [email protected]
- Subject: Clear Angle Studios – Junior 3D Character Artist
Once we have reviewed your portfolio and CV, a member of our team will get in touch to discuss your application.
Who are Clear Angle Studios?
Clear Angle Studios is a world-leading company based in Pinewood Studios which covers all aspects of scanning for VFX, from full 360º character scanning in its multi camera systems, LiDAR scanning of sets and high-resolution environment acquisition.
In 2013, after many hours of blood, sweat and tears, Dominic Ridley and Christopher Friend incorporated Clear Angle Studios, and after one year of trading had grown to four staff and one rig. Fast forward 8 years and CAS now services clients from all over the world, with varying requirements and budgets, and employs over 50 legendary crew globally. Big enough to make it all run like clockwork but small enough to still feel like a family.
Whether it’s a living or inanimate object you require captured in 3D, CAS can more than likely make it happen. CAS prides itself on being adaptable, sympathetic, accurate and affordable. And they love to meet new people.
Recent projects include:
Clear Angle Studios is proud to employ outstanding talent and we strive to maximise the potential of our employees, regardless of nationality, gender, race, age, religion, and sexual preference. Our commitment is to excellence in our field and no potential employee will be judged on any criteria but their appropriacy for the vacancy.