Clear Angle Studios is a world-leading company based in Pinewood Studios which covers all aspects of scanning for VFX, from full 360º character scanning in its multi camera systems, LiDAR scanning of sets and high-resolution environment acquisition.
Your role as an intern would include supporting the team with:
- the setup, shooting and maintenance of their multi-camera, full-body character scanning systems
- on location scanning
- handling and organising captured data
- logging shoot data
- prop scanning
- shooting texture and look development reference
During this 1-week internship, you will be provided with on-the-job training and mentoring from Clear Angle Studios. On successful completion of the internship, interns will be assessed and opportunities to progress into Junior Capture Assistant roles will be offered to select candidates.
This is a paid internship programme for up to 8 artists. The internship does not include travel or housing assistance.
Please note – applicants must be eligible to work in the U.K. and have a full clean driving license and means of transportation.
Who are Clear Angle Studios?
In 2013, after many hours of blood, sweat and tears, Dominic Ridley and Christopher Friend incorporated Clear Angle Studios, and after one year of trading had grown to four staff and one rig. Fast forward 8 years and CAS now services clients from all over the world, with varying requirements and budgets, and employs over 50 legendary crew globally. Big enough to make it all run like clockwork but small enough to still feel like a family.
Whether it’s a living or inanimate object you require captured in 3D, CAS can more than likely make it happen. CAS prides itself on being adaptable, sympathetic, accurate and affordable. And they love to meet new people.
Recent projects include:
Clear Angle Studios is proud to employ outstanding talent and we strive to maximise the potential of our employees, regardless of nationality, gender, race, age, religion, and sexual preference. Our commitment is to excellence in our field and no potential employee will be judged on any criteria but their appropriacy for the vacancy.
- Internship duration: 1 weeks
- Application opening date: 15th September 2021
- Deadline for applications: 30th September 2021 (12 noon)
- Interview week (via Zoom): 4th October 2021 – 8th October 2021
- Intern selection: 11th October 2021
- Internship start date: 18th October 2021 (please note that we’ll be looking to stagger individual interns’ start dates)
- Internship end date: After the 1 week internship, interns will be assessed and select candidates will be offered a Junior Capture Assistant role)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting the building and running of our multi camera full body systems on set/location.
- Supporting the building and running of our prop scanning systems.
- Supporting the laser arm scanning of props.
- Supporting shooting prop textures and tiles specifically for VFX.
- Following and updating shoot tracking spreadsheets.
- Liaising with clients during shoot to make sure we deliver the best service possible.
- Working under tight time constraints and solving problems on the fly.
- Communicating with system leads to ensure efficiencies are met both during and post capture.
- Committed to making sure our clients’ needs are met on site.
- Completing all exercises for training.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.K.
- Full clean driving license and means of transportation is a must.
- Basic knowledge of photography is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Meticulous data handling and attention to detail.
- Calm under pressure with good problem-solving skills.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible to schedule changes with a willingness to travel.
- Basic knowledge of filmmaking is desirable but not a must.
- Basic knowledge of Computer Graphics is desirable but not a must.
How to apply?
To apply for this intership, simply submit your CV and cover letter as a ZIP file using the below form.