Search the wiki
Introduction to Blend Shapes
In this document, we’ll introduce you to blendshapes (aka morph targets). Both videos are extracts from our Modelling Props for VFX course, so if you are looking for a deeper dive, make sure to check it out.
Here, we will look at how blend shapes work under the hood at a vertex level.
Blend Shapes in Action
Continuing with the theme of blend shapes, here we will explore applying multiple blend shapes to a simple object.
- Autodesk – Base, target and blend shapes – Terminology on Blend Shapes from Autodesk.
- Autodesk – Blend shape nodes and attributes – documentation from the folk at Autodesk on the topic of Blend Shapes.
For more information on all things modelling related, you can check out our courses here:
- Modelling Props for VFX 1001
- Character Modelling for Feature Animation 1001
- Hard Surface Modelling for Feature Animation 1001
Support CAVE Academy
Here at CAVE Academy the beauty of giving and sharing is very close to our hearts. With that spirit, we gladly provide Masterclasses, Dailies, the Wiki, and many high-quality assets free of charge. To enable the team to create and release more free content, you can support us here: Support CAVE Academy
Leave a Comment